RTC is proud to bring you this latest and greatest technology. Below are frequently asked questions to help you better understand Fiber-to-the-Home. If you have any questions or would like to sign up for additional services, please contact RTC’s Customer Service Department at 888.862.3115.
- The old copper cable and equipment needs updating and instead of replacing it with new copper cable, it will be replaced with fiber and new equipment.
- Fiber provides additional bandwidth which will allow us to offer higher Internet speeds and provides a way for RTC to offer TV service in new areas.
- Fiber will also allow RTC to offer additional services in the future that haven’t even been thought of yet!
- Fiber-To-The-Home will provide state-of-the-art voice, data, and video services.
- It requires less maintenance than copper cable.
- Fiber will allow RTC to offer TV services in new areas.
- First, equipment is mounted on each home and business in the project area.
- Then, fiber is plowed to each of those homes and businesses.
- After plowing is complete, the fiber is connected to the equipment and at that point your services are running over the new fiber optic cable.
- The Optical Network Terminal (ONT), which will connect the fiber from outside to the wiring inside the house, and the power supply, which powers the ONT.
- There is no charge for the equipment or the fiber installation.
- RTC has hired several contractors to help complete the project. The contractors’ vehicles will be marked with RTC logos.
RTC serves 20 exchanges with nearly 10,000 access lines spread over 5,698 square miles.
We are about 80% built out with Fiber-To-The-Home (FTTH).
SUMMER AND WINTER DISCONNECT PLANS
Phone : $30
Internet : $25
TV : $30
(TV Fee Waived when placing phone on disconnect plan at the same time)
Our seasonal disconnect plans work well for customers needing their RTC services disconnected during the summer or winter. When you go on a disconnect plan your telephone number will be saved and listed in the new directory and your Internet username will also be saved. For the following one-time fees your services will be disconnected when you contact us and they will be automatically reconnected on November 1 for summer disconnects or May 1 for winter disconnects. Please contact us if you would like to reconnect your services prior to these dates.
Please note: You will need to know your account security password when you call to place your account on a disconnect plan and when you call to reconnect.